August 24, 2018, Samsung introduced the budget smartphone Galaxy J2 Core at the presentation in India. The novelty entered the Android Go program and became the first device of the Korean company with the preinstalled Android Oreo (Go Edition). But as it turned out, the buyers were waiting for an unexpected surprise. It is noteworthy that despite the participation in the Android Go program, the manufacturer has equipped the smartphone not with pure Android, but with a proprietary shell based on it. How this affected the performance of the budget apparatus is still unknown. Samsung Galaxy J2 Core is equipped with a five-inch TFT-display with a resolution of 960×540 pixels. Under the “hood” of the device is a four-core 14nm processor Exynos 7570. The amount of RAM is 1 GB, built-in storage – 8 GB. An extension of the internal memory using microSD memory cards is available. Resolution sensor main camera with aperture f / 2.2 is 8 megapixels, frontal – 5 megapixels. The capacity of the battery is 2,600 mAh. The case of the smartphone is made of plastic, the physical button under the display is missing.
Specifications Samsung Galaxy J2 Core:
- Display: TFT, 5 “, 960×540 pixels
- Processor: quad-core Exynos 7570 (1.4 GHz), Mali-T720 MP1 GPU
- Memory: 1 GB operative, 8 GB built-in, microSD card slot
- Cameras: the main 8 Mp (f / 2.2), the front 5 Mp (f / 2.2)
- Operating system: Android 8.1 Oreo (Go edition)
- Communication: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi b / g / n, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS
- Battery: Li-ion 2 600 mAh
- Audio: 3.5 mm jack, FM radio
- Dimensions: 143.4 x 72.1 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 154g
In the near future, the novelty will go on sale in India and Malaysia, the expected price of the smartphone will be $ 100. The timing of entering the global market is still unknown.
Link to the news: Smartphone announced in India